Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: Diabetes and mental health

Hugs @Judi9877 it sounds like a x scary rime for you, with a lot to take in and process. I'm glad Mitz rallied and you'll be able to treat her. I guess it underlines the seriousness of the condition in ourselves or any loved one, human or furbaby. And the emotional and financial toll. I can understand your misgivings but we'll done for stepping up to the plate. 

My cat is 18 and unwell but it's been a slow decline rather than a sudden crisis. I'll ask again re bloods

Take care and enjoy some quality cuddles. 

I'm glad Mitz rallied and you'll be able to treat her @Judi9877 

sending you lots of hugs 

and to enjoy your cruise coming up xxx

hugs @Dimity , 18 years is a good age , 😍

Hi @Dimity . Thanks for your kind words. I’m thinking  of you and your fur baby at this time. Enjoy your precious cuddles and time with them.

Judi9877☺️😻

Hi @Shaz51 . Thank you for your wonderful support regarding Mitz. I’ve just come back from the vet with her and they tested her BGL -,it’s 24 so a little bit higher than yesterday but she’s only just started insulin so that should come down soon according to the vet. Apparently diabetes in cats is like humans where levels can take time to correct itself but can get better. She didn’t really like my housemate giving her the insulin this morning - back to her usual sassy torti self within reason- or having her food taken off her - but that’s her new life and she’s going to have to get used to it!

Take care!

Judi9877🌻😻

Hello @Judi9877 , @Dimity , @Jynx , @Jacques , @rav3n , @Healandlove 

Had my eyes tested and the cataract in my left eye is slightly bigger 

And my diabetes has affected my sight a little bit in my right eye 

So waiting now for new glasses 

@Shaz51 aww hun! Though, an opportunity for a new look? Do you enjoy picking out new glasses?

They had diluted my eyes with eyes drops and could not see anything @Jynx 

So Mr shaz took photos of then and then picked one 🤣😂

Haha and do you trust Mr Shaz's fashion sense @Shaz51 ? 😄

Ha ha 😂@Jynx 

The nurse was very helpful which was good 👍 

@Shaz51 gladness! 

Maybe you could post a pic of just the glasses? Then when I go 'hmm I wonder what this person looks like in real life' I can picture mamabear Shaz in her swish new glasses! 😋

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance