Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: My Mosaic

@Bow super insightful, thanks for sharing! It's so cool to see how your learning has been progressing! Have there been discussions yet around how to try to bring resolution to these warring parts? I imagine it involves a lot of gentle compassion and acceptance, maybe chatting to whichever part is loudest?

I know you're not really one for the PGC but tonight's topic is about talking to your inner critic, if you wanted to jump in? No requirement to share if you don't want to, you can always just be a passive observer to take in what others say. Up to you!

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yep, that is the whole aim of the group @Jynx .,.. to build up the healthy adult within us and provide our vulnerable child with what they need. 

we worked through a work sheet on Monday, which went beyond just recognizing the modes, and we talked about the healthy adult and stuff. We both really struggled with that! 

We are still to learn all that stuff!

yeah I seen that… told @tyme  i might see how I go and pop in

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow a challenging process, but I can already see how helpful it is for you! I mean even just having more neutral language to describe these internal processes is phenomenal, and will help you to de-stigmatise your thoughts and actions!

See how you go, if you don't have the energy there's always the post-chat thread where we continue the conversation 😉

Bow
Senior Contributor

It has been helpful already @Jynx  it feels good when I have them ah-ha moments and I get something, or I understand the link between this and that and why I do this. 

had to leave chat. Too much for me tonight and couldn’t keep up. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Yay @Bow so glad you joined!! And also glad you respected your own boundaries and limits and removed yourself when it got overwhelming 😊

So proud of you my friend ❤️ @Bow  for coming to chat tonight  ❤️ 

Great to have you with us tonight @Bow  🙂

Hope you have a good rest. Any more projects up your sleeve?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @tyme @Shaz51 @Jynx 

just tucked my munchkin into bed and have crawled into bed myself. It’s so cold! I don’t like to complain about winter… and how cold it gets cause I absolutely hate summer. But the nights sure do get chilly and I can’t wait to crawl into bed of a night. 

@tyme  I have to get some work done over the next 2 days cause we have a market on Sunday. And I got some supplies in the mail today for some Father’s Day stock that I’m gonna do. And then some other stuff coming in the mail to play around with and see what I can make. 
im facilitating arts and craft next week. Teaching everyone watercolours. They will create a pretty background and then write a quote or something over the top. 

Wow @Bow . Incredible. I was only JUST about to ask if you'd run classes. I remember attending a DBT art class in the past. It was really good. 

Truly amazing. I can't wait to see some of your projects. 

Please don't over do it though. Look after yourself.

@Bow you always keep surprising me with just how talented you are. I'm sure the water colour session will go great. Of course it will if you are running it.

So looking forward to seeing some of the fathers day art. Would love to buy one of you!

Hoping today goes ok for you hon 💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance