Skip to main content

Re: Diabetes and mental health

hello my sister @Healandlove 

Feeling a lot better, hopefully I can get a balance in controlling everything -- one day at a time 

How has your weekend been 😍 

@Shaz51 , I'm so glad to hear that Shazzy.

Hopefully everything normalises this week for you.

My Saturday night wasn't great due to my husband being triggered and as a result today I have been left isolated.  He has retreated into himself. 

I will post a bit later.

Sending you hugs my sister 🤗 ❤️ 

R u OK my sister @Healandlove 

Hi @Shaz51 . I’m just checking in on you to see how you’re travelling with your diabetes tonight. I hope your levels have come down and you are okay. Good on you for taking a sick day to get over your latest high level. My housemate has type 1 and has had levels around 25-27 and higher - her diabetes arm scan device doesn’t scan higher then 27 and reads HI if it’s above that - over the last week or so and she’s been having trouble sleeping due to the constant need to drink which means more toilet trips and not much sleep unfortunately for her. She spoke to a doctor and they’ve told her to just keep an eye on it and adjust her insulin accordingly. Worse cases she goes to the local ED and try and get them to deal with it but as our local hospital isn’t the best, she prefers to deal with it on her own unless absolutely necessary. She’s also trying to get ready for life on a cruise ship at the end of next week and dealing with things on her own in regards to this as Medicare doesn’t cover medical visits on cruise ships - travel insurance does to a certain extent but not much. She knows when to call for help and that’s the main thing.

Speaking of Bgls, Mitz (my cat) had her vet appointment today to check up on her and her diabetes and overall health. Besides being her sassy tortishelll self, the vet did her bgl and it was 30. He was quite concerned but settled down when I realised she’d been eating my chicken chips an hour earlier that I’d left in my bedroom and forgot to pick up. Just thought you’d enjoy this little story. 

Take care of yourself!

Judi9877☺️🌻

@Shaz51 

18 is terrifying, my Doctor would have a seizure instead of me.

I am type II diabetic, have been for a couple of years and on metformin. It is restrictive but so far I have managed to avoid complications and last blood test came in at a safe 5.8 so doctor happy. I was interested in the topic of diabetes and mental health so followed the posts to you. I am also schizophrenic.

Hope you get some help with this and restore your balances.

Alittleorange

last blood test came in at a safe 5.8 so doctor happy--- that is very good @Alittleorange 

your doctor would be very happy about that 

what have you done to help your levels ?

my husband is on metformin and his levels are very good 

my numbers were okish but the last few months they have gone up for some unusual reason 

the doctor has increased my insulin, so i am hoping it works  

@Judi9877 , @Healandlove , @Dimity , @Jacques 

Hello @Alittleorange well done on your levels.

Hope you're doing OK @Shaz51 

It sounds as though chicken chips are a no-no for your puss @Judi9877 

Hi,

I am on metformin as well, and use youtube often which has some interesting videos about diabetes, and some rubbish. You have to sift through it.

I don't have a specific diet but white and processed foods went quickly out the door and much of the sugar you add to your coffee. There are still times I indulge but they are few.

It is better than it began where it seemed all was diabetic, do you find there is trustworthy information and trash?

Good luck with the insulin....

A littleorange